3 suffer minor injuries after fire breaks out in storeroom of Beach Road flat

3 suffer minor injuries after fire breaks out in storeroom of Beach Road flat






<!–

–>

<!–

–>

<!–
Show more

–>

Submitted by Stomper Wes

Click here to submit a story or submit it to our WhatsApp.

A fire broke out in a flat at Block 2 Beach Road on Tuesday morning (Jan 10).

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) told Stomp that it was alerted to the incident at around 10.40am.

The fire, which involved an electrical socket and plug in the storeroom of a 16th-floor unit, was extinguished by SCDF using three compressed air foam backpacks.

SCDF assessed three people for minor injuries and they subsequently refused conveyance to the hospital.

“Preliminary investigation indicates that the fire is likely to have been caused by electrical origin from the electrical socket and plug,” SCDF added.

Stomper Wes, who shared videos of the incident, said: “There was a lot of white smoke coming out of the unit.”

Members of the public are reminded to adopted these practices to prevent electrical fires from occurring:

Do not overload electrical outlets with electrical appliances;

Always switch off appliances when they are not in use;

Check the appliance for frayed wires or cracked cords. If observed the appliance should be repaired or replaced. Do not use faulty appliances;

Do not run wires under carpets or mats and keep wires away from hot surfaces;

Use appliances and electrical plugs bearing the Safety Mark. The categories of appliances can be found at http://www.consumerproductsafety.gov.sg ;

Do not leave batteries or devices to charge unattended for an extended period of time or overnight.

More About: